970 - 2.022m
- Across the Stornalm to the top of the magnificent, scenic Kufstein, a true delight for well-conditioned mountain hikers – as is the hiking loop over the Grafenbergalm, a delightful route teeming with flowers!
- Gasthof Burgstaller in Ramsau Rössing
- Beste Jahreszeit
- The hike up to the Stornalm takes us mostly through a beautiful mixed forest, the trail often crossing the forestry road. The higher we get, the more dominant the larch become, especially in the area of the Gseng Wand, where the trail becomes quite exposed as it makes its way around a rocky outcropping. Shortly afterwards, we reach the first huts of the beautiful Stornalm. If you find yourself here in early summer, you will be surprised by the diversity of flora. Small bands of rock interspersed with flowers encompass this arena which opens up towards the south, granting us magnificent views all the way out to the Höchstein.
The trail now continues through forest which is becoming ever sparser, and across alpine pastures directly to the southern foot of the Kufstein. The hike up to the summit is steep, the trail is narrow and, once above the tree line, the sun beats down on the southern slopes. At the big summit cross, we can soak in the magnificent 360° views. To the N are the undulating waves of the karst high country, in the W the Dachstein skirted by a glacier. The ranks of alpine peaks that make up the Niedere & Hohe Tauern to the S, while the E is dominated by the striking peaks of the Stoderzinken, the Kammspitze and the Grimming.
The quickest descent takes us back the same way – though in nice weather, the hike down via the Grafenbergalm is even more beautiful. Gently downhill through alleys of larch, later through pine forest and down to the beautiful alpine hut. At the Grafenbergalm trail crossing, we follow the markings for path No. 666, taking us across alpine pastures and back to the Stornalm.
Variant: via Grafenberg and Ahorn lakes to Weissenbach.
- The same like "Description"!
- Höchster Punkt
- 2.022 m
- Kufstein summit
- sturdy shoes, sticks
- Only go in good weather!
- From Schladming or Haus im Ennstal to Ramsau am Dachstein. Gasthof Burgsteller is in the district Rössing.
- Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel
- hiking buses Ramsauer Verkehrsbetriebe
- Gasthof Burgstaller
Die Tour The Kufstein Summit Tour - high above the land "Am Stein" wird von outdooractive.com bereitgestellt.
Noch schnell für den anstehenden Ausflug versichern? Inkl. Rettungshubschrauber ab 3,98 €Jetzt Informieren
The Kufstein Summit Tour - high above the land "Am Stein"
QR Codes - Tourdownload für Mobiltelefone